MBR is the efficient combination of membrane separation technology
and biological treatment, its origin is to replace the secondary
sedimentation tank in activated sludge process with membrane
separation technology for solid-liquid separation. This technology
can not only achieve the target of mud-water separation efficiently
but also have incomparable advantages that the traditional
technology on tertiary treatment of sewage does not have:
1. MBR can proceed with solid and liquid separation efficiently,
and the separation effect is far better than traditional
sedimentation tank. The effluent is of good water quality, the
suspended solids and turbidity are on the verge of zero and it can
be reused directly and realization the sewage reclamation.
2. The efficient interception performance of the membrane can
completely intercept the microorganism in the bioreactor and
realize complete separation of the hydraulic retention time (HRT)
and sludge age (SRT) of the reactor. The operation and control are
flexible and stable.
3. Since MBR combines the aeration tank with the secondary
sedimentation tank of traditional sewage treatment and replaces all
the technology facilities of the tertiary treatment, it can reduce
the occupied area and save civil engineering investments sharply.
4. It is beneficial to the interception and reproduction of
nitrobacteria and is of high system nitration efficiency. It can
also have the function of ammonia and phosphorus removal via
changing the operation mode.
5. Due to a very long sludge age, the degradation efficiency of the
non-degradation organic compounds can be enhanced enormously.
6. The remaining sludge quantity is very small when the reactor
runs with high volume load, low sludge load and long sludge age.
Since the sludge age can be indefinitely long, zero sludge
discharge can be realized theoretically.
7. Due to the realization of PLC control, the system can be
conveniently operated and managed.